Friday, March 09, 2012

My Girl (1991)

My Girl (IMDb)
Finally watched this! Saw a post about it very very long ago on 9gag and decided to try to look for it. I don't know where that post is located anymore though. 9gag moves too fast to backtrack.

It's very touching, funny, yet heartbreaking. A good watch though. I would recommend this. =)

Anyway, there was this poem Vada (the girl in the poster) wrote in the movie that I found very moving.

Weeping willow (from the film My Girl)
Weeping willow with your tears running down,
why do you always weep and frown?
Is it because he left you one day?
Is it because he couldn't not stay?
On your branches he would swing,
do you love the happiness that he would bring?
He found shelter in your shade,
we thought his laughter would never fade!
Weeping willow stop your tears,
there is something to calm your fears.
You think death as you do forever part,
I know he will always be in your heart!
Some googling tells me that it's written by Emma Jane Rae. I love this. Haha.

Watch the movie if you can get hold of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment