Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Molten Chocolate Cake Mix

Betty Croker's Warm Delights: Molten Chocolate Cake Mix
The other day I was at nex buying some pet stuff and had to drop by Fairprice. And because I had time, I went through almost all the shelves, wasting time. Hahaha. I know you do that too sometimes. Please say you do, I can't be the only one. I chanced upon this cake mix. 

It sounded so awesome I had to try it. Only problem was that I don't have a microwave oven. I have a normal oven, though. I decided I could still tweak it, like adjust the oven's timing. No big deal, right?

Items in the pack; just add water and stir!
The instructions were simple enough. Just add 1/4 cup of water to the cake mix and stir! Squeeze the fudge onto the mixture, and bake! I transferred the mixture into a cake tin to bake in the oven. Baked at 180oC for about 20mins.

Done!
The cake turned out pretty well but a little too moist. I think the high water content was more suited for the microwave because the microwave uses water to cook things (which is why you need moisture when you heat food in it). Maybe I'd try it again if I get a microwave oven. Haha. And it does not serve one, please. It's too much for one person. You'd probably want to share it!

Yummy!
Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment