|Ermmm.... My macarons?|
As much as I did follow the recipe.......... I didn't exactly age the egg whites... So it might be that, or it could be that I didn't beat the egg whites enough? Or the oven was a little too hot? I set it at 150oC, but once I put the tray in, the temperature went up to 155oC, or slightly more. =.= There's something wrong with the oven. Or it might be the piping. I realised afterwards that I shouldn't pipe one circle, but instead pipe the macaron in one spot (ie don't move the tip).
The taste was good (it's rose macarons, afterall), but there were faults.
- No legs (the bubbly edge around the macaron)
- A little burnt (you can see a little brown near the bottom of each piece)
- Air pockets under the shell (don't know what to do with this)
- Cracked shell (oven too hot?)
- Almond bits not fine enough (probably need to process it more. The one bought from store isn't fine enough)
- Too sweet (what should I do about this? The whole thing's made of sugar and egg whites =.=)
|Makes a pretty picture with the colors!|
|Rose Macaron from Canele|
Try and try again!!!