Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lunar/Chinese New Year 2010

Hi! I'm finally blogging about CNY. =.= Almost 1 and 1/2 months have passed by already. Hurhurhur. Anyway, I rented the Nikkon AFS 35mm f1.8 from The Camera Rental Centre for this CNY period at 1/2 price due to some promotions thingy.

All I can say is.... I LOVE THIS LENS!! Probably will love all prime lenses. LOL. Bokeh rocks. Anyway, super many pictures. Not much words. And all 3 days are stuffed into this entry. Hurhurhur.




I'm an awesome ribbon-tie-er. LOL.

Oh did I mention the SUPER AWESOME FOOD we have every CNY?!! Hahahaha. Grandma is THE BEST COOK EVER!

CNY eve.


Famous braised duck.

I think Grandma made like 5 or 6 this year. 5 or 6 whole ducks, mind you. And finished in like 3-4 days. =.=


Pork curry!!!!! <3


Asparagus + prawns~~~


Ngoh Hiang. I think that's what it's called. Handmade!! Very very yummy. Gosh I'm salivating just looking at the pictures. T___T


Sea cucumber duck!

I LOVE THE ULTRA-SOFT, MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH SEA CUCUMBER!!!


Look! DUCKKKKSSSS! Unchopped. Lol.


Table is set for lunch!


Grandpa setting the table~~

"AhGong... there's a hole in your hundred year old shirt leh..." =.=


Pussy willow! Decorated it with that furry tie things instead of hanging decorations this year. =)


Table outside the house for prayers to ancestors? LOOK AT THE PINK KUEHHH!!!

I am hungry. =.=


Season of mandarin oranges. LOVEEEE!!!


Slippers. Family reporting for reunion dinner!


WAHHHHH. 2 steamboats!! So much food!!


Woooo~~~


Fishballs + stuff you find in yong tau foo. Lol.


Fish!


Pork! <3 this


WAHHH MY FAVORITE!! (Ok I have loads of favorites). Fish maw!!!!


Prawns!


Abalone!


Ngoh hiang, again. =D


Sis can't wait to eat. Lol.


Me neither!


Aunt dying from hunger. Hahahahaha. =X


Shark's fin!!


Grandma preparing.


Grandma!! Her hair is so messy LOL.


Woooo!!! Heavenly.






I was trying to tie fishtail braids for Janice. =D


Grace!


I want to grow my hair out so I can tie them too!!!


Emily.


SHE IS SO SKINNY!! *jealous* LOL.


Done!


Uncle William and his beautiful daughters, Grace and Janice. =D

CNY Day 1

Erm while waiting for everyone to reach Grandparents' place to set off for visiting, this year we had a round of family photos taken!! Pardon the lousy pictures. Sitting back facing the sunlit window is no fun for pictures, even with flash. =.=


GRANDPARENTS!!! <3 them to the maxxxxxx~~~

I don't think I'll label all the pictures regarding family tree. =.= Very complicated and no idea how to address them in English. Zzz. Oh and we had 2 rounds of phototaking because Grandparents were not smiling in the pictures. Lol.


Dad's 2nd younger sis + family! Uncle's face is super funny. =D


Better picture!


My family! I detect lens flare T___T


2nd Uncle + family!


Sis.


Erm. Sis, again.


Jino!


Watching TV! And I detect lens flare, again. T___T


Aunt + Sis.


Hahahaha. Aunt Tricia in unglam moment.


Hurhurhur.


Sis and her favorite duck drumstick.


See so happy?


Hahahaha.


Grandpa! <3 this picture of him!!


Jojin.


Kevin.


Aunt rolling her eyes because we were all being trigger-happy. LOL.


Me + Mum.


Sis + Mum.


Sis + Aunt.


Ryan + my Mum.

2nd round of phototaking commenced!! Obviously with Grandparents. =.= But since they're the only constant in the pictures, I didn't introduce them all over again.


Aunt Tricia + 2 sons + sons' girlfriends.


Aunt Jo + Ryan + Kevin + Shaun! Hurhur. Didn't know if 'kids' was the right word...


Aunt + family! Now Grandparents are smiling =D


Uncle + family! =D


Us, again! With Auntie Jamalia. =D


The children!!! LOL.

Then it was off visiting for us!!


Dad driving.


My awesome-ly pretty bracelet.


Aunt + Grandaunt (Grandma's eldest sibling)


Angie and Jojin~


Stella + Jino


Jojin, Sis, Jino. Lol. She insisted on this picture. =.=


Sisters!! They look alike, right?


Sis + Bro


Bro + Me. My hair looks like crap. =.=


Aunt + her godbrothers!


Aunt Tricia + Uncle Steven with 2nd Grandaunt + Granduncle (Aunt Tricia's godparents)


Family photo!


Goodies!


Bro.


Sisters!


I love this picture of them. =D


Erm super unglam picture of us eating cuttlefish. Lol.


Jojin, "I'm not eating!!!" *chew chew chew*


Sitting around listening to the seniors chat.


Daddy~~~

CNY Day 2 or was it 3??

Maternal relatives, Mich and Zk came over. Lol. Played Wii! Rayman Raving Rabbids is fun!!! Especially when you have 4 players. =D


Find the mike minigame?


We're all concentrating reallllyyyy hard.

Oh and we went to Zk's place for dinner the next day. Lol. Very good food!! I love eating louhei. Haha. Biggest pomfret I've ever seen/eaten!!!

This Chinese New Year has been good. Full of laughter and good food. =) May the whole year be like that!!

Oh and we didn't celebrate Valentines'. Hurrr... A little sad, but it's alright. =) Everyday is Valentines' Day! =X

My Awesome Family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment